Natural Health Products or NHP, such as vitamins & minerals, herbs, TCM, etc. are being attacked, decimated actually, by unnecessarily regulations arbitrarily imposed by Health Canada via the Natural Health Products Directorate. 20,000 natural products, factually totally safe, can no longer be accessed by Canadians due to arbitrary regulation, not safety laws.
Alternative Health Under Attack
However, unlike the US, Health Canada regards safe nutrients, vitamins, etc as dangerous substances that are better taken off the market. Since 2004, with the Natural Health Product Directorate (NHPD) over 20,000 wellness products have gone missing from Canadian shelves.
These therapeutic substances were not found to be dangerous, no one was injured by these products. The 20,000 NHP (herbs, vitamins, natural food concentrates, etc) were removed for not meeting regulations arbitrarily imposed by the NHPD. In fact: Removal of alternative NHP by the NHPD have made people sicker as natural remedies were actually making them well when they had free access and were benefiting from these therapeutic aids.
Recently, Bill C 51 and C 52 were introduced to Parliament as the ‘revised or new’ Food & Drug Act. These Bills were and are both non-constitutional and violate the Charter of Rights and Freedoms of Canadians — re: illegal search and seizure, non-recourse to fines levied, and essentially violated the Rule of Law as handed down to us over 800 years ago via the Magna Carta.
The resulting uproar from Canadians protesting against C 51 and even C 52 was that two of the major opposition parties, the NDP and The Liberal Party reversed their for positions to against positions on these Bills.
Where we stand now as Canadians: Vulnerable to further degradation of Human Health Care Rights.
Why Support Alternative Health Freedom and Free Access to Health Products?
- Natural therapeutic products are regulated by Health Canada, a body that is used to dealing with toxic or dangerous substances – aka ‘drugs’
- NHP are very safe and enhance the lives of Canadians who use them
- Regulating safe products creates unnecessarily controls and results in banning by over zealous regulatory bodies, such as Health Canada and the NHPD
- Putting safe health substances under the control of those who deal with dangerous substances, infers these safe products are now ‘dangerous’
- Alternative health freedom implies access to try, experiment and otherwise consume therapeutic products for ones benefit or health
There are many personal reasons for you to support freedom of alternative health movements. One of these may be it’s your livelihood and another is your health may depend on your freedom of access to alternative health care products like my health does.
Please share this article with as many others as you can. Only the truth is strong enough to fight State oppression.